The latest news
Updated Thursday, November 30, 2023
The Pastor Search Committee (PSC) met on Tuesday, November 28. Here is an update:
- The Pastor Search Committee elected Scott Griffin as chair, Kristen Tayet as vice-chair, and Kathy Berry as secretary of the Pastoral Search Committee.
- We intend to meet twice a month and will send an update to the congregation after every meeting.
- We continue to prayerfully seek God’s direction in the selection of the new Senior Pastor and covet the congregation’s prayers.
- We respectfully request that congregation members refrain from posing “interviewing” questions to any members of the Pastoral team or Staff.
Updated Sat, November 17, 2023
The Pastor Search Committee (PSC) had their first meeting on Monday, November 6, the day after the Congregational Meeting. Here is an update:
- We began that meeting with a time of prayer, asking God to give us wisdom, discernment, and unity. The meeting was fairly long and productive. We appointed Scott Griffin as chair and formally contacted our Presbytery’s Ministerial Committee to let them know we are up and running.
- The PSC will meet again before the end of November. Our first order of business is to define the process by which we will conduct the search, and to build a communication plan that spells out how and when we will provide status to the congregation.
- The PSC asks that the congregation join us in praying for wisdom, discernment, and unity for our committee.
Updated Sun, November 5, 2023
The members of Chapel Hill Church unanimously voted to approve the Pastor Search Committee nominees as presented by the Session at a congregational meeting Sunday, November 5.
Updated Sat, November 4, 2023
Read Pastor Mark Toone’s blog about the November 5 congregational meeting.
Updated Mon, October 30, 2023
There will be a congregational meeting for members on Sunday, November 5, following the second service at about 11:45 am. The meeting will take place in the Sanctuary.
This meeting will serve two purposes: 1) to vote on the dissolution of Pastor Mark Toone’s relationship with Chapel Hill Church as Senior Pastor, effective August 31, 2024; and 2) to confirm the Pastor Search Team that is being nominated by the Session. For those who attend the 9:00 am service, we will provide a continental breakfast during the 10:30 am service to make it convenient for you to stay for the meeting.
Please note that Daylight Saving Time ends at 2:00 am November 5, so be sure to manually set any clocks or watches back one hour earlier before you go to sleep Saturday night.
Only members of Chapel Hill Church may vote in the meeting. (A member is someone who has attended a Chapel Hill membership class, met with a pastor, and taken Chapel Hill membership vows.)
Following the congregational meeting, the Search Committee will begin the process of finding a new senior pastor immediately. Bookmark this web page; we will keep you updated on our progress.