COUNSELING & SUPPORT
HELP & HOPE
Need Prayer? Contact us here!
We know there are times when you just need someone to talk to—someone you can trust to help sort out the puzzle of life. Our Care Ministry offers a wide range of programs and services to help when life gets hard:
- Lay Counseling for Individuals and Married Couples – Our counselors are highly trained and committed to seeing individuals achieve their goals in counseling. Counselors have worked through their own healing journey through Christ-centered and Chapel Hill-based trainings, working within our value and faith structures. Our counselors help individuals with a variety of non-clinical concerns which may include grief and bereavement, fear, life wounds, loss of faith or identity, self-esteem, anxiety, marital concerns, parenting issues, sin struggles, anger or similar issues.
- Professional Counseling – Shannon Rickert, our Director of Care Ministries, is a licensed counselor who would be honored to meet with you and help you on your journey.
- Pre-Marriage Mentoring – Marriage is a journey with many ebbs and flows. Before you decide to embark on this voyage with your beloved, take time to explore what makes a healthy marriage before you say “I do”. The Pre-Marriage Mentoring program begins with couples completing an assessment, which generates a comprehensive evaluation. Areas assessed include personality, spiritual beliefs, role expectations, money matters and other marital topics. Discussion of the evaluation is facilitated by skilled and experienced marriage mentor couples. The mentors guide the engaged couple through several sessions, with the hope of building a strong relationship foundation. Total cost is $35 for assessment and materials.
- Support Groups – Include Celebrate Recovery, Cancer Care, Divorce Care, Living Hope, and Grief Share. Learn more about our groups here.
- Financial Support – Part of the Deacons’ ministry at Chapel Hill includes offering financial help for those who find themselves in a financial crisis. Whether you are a member, friend, or neighbor, we are ready to listen, pray, and offer assistance whenever possible. For assistance, call the Deacon’s Aid office at 253.853.0224.
For financial assistance, speak to a Deacon in our Deacon’s Aid office at 253.853.0224.