CARE & SUPPORT
HELP & HOPE
Need Prayer? Contact us here!
We know there are times when you just need someone to talk to—someone you can trust to help sort out the puzzle of life. Our Care Ministry offers a wide range of programs and services to help when life gets hard:
- Lay Counseling for Individuals and Married Couples – Our counselors are highly trained and committed to seeing individuals achieve their goals in counseling. Counselors have worked through their own healing journey through Christ-centered and Chapel Hill-based trainings, working within our value and faith structures. Our counselors help individuals with a variety of non-clinical concerns which may include grief and bereavement, fear, life wounds, loss of faith or identity, self-esteem, anxiety, marital concerns, parenting issues, sin struggles, anger or similar issues.
- Pre-Marriage Mentoring – Marriage is a journey with many ebbs and flows. Before you decide to embark on this voyage with your beloved, take time to explore what makes a healthy marriage before you say “I do”. The Pre-Marriage Mentoring program begins with couples completing an assessment, which generates a comprehensive evaluation. Areas assessed include personality, spiritual beliefs, role expectations, money matters and other marital topics. Discussion of the evaluation is facilitated by skilled and experienced marriage mentor couples. The mentors guide the engaged couple through several sessions, with the hope of building a strong relationship foundation. Total cost is $35 for assessment and materials.
- Support Groups – Include Cancer Care, Divorce Care, Living Hope, Grief Share, and VIP (for high schoolers). Learn more about our groups here.
- Financial Support – Whether you are a Chapel Hill member, friend, or neighbor, we are ready to listen, pray, help whenever possible, and work with you on a plan of action to thrive in all areas of life including your finances. Our volunteers can also help refer to other resources available in the community. Call the Chapel Hill Benevolence office at 253.853.0224, Mon-Thurs, 9:30 am-3:30 pm, or leave a voicemail and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Celebrate Recovery – CR is a Christian 12-step support group for anyone experiencing a life hurt, a hang-up or a habit. This biblically balanced approach can help bring sustainable recovery and healing. It guides us toward new healthy truths and life-giving habits as we repair our broken relationships.Celebrate Recovery Narrows meets Mondays every week at Harbor Covenant Church. Dinner is at 5:30, large-group teaching is at 6:30, and small groups meet at 7:30 pm.
- Not seeing what you need? Check out the Care Resources page below for more help.
For financial assistance, speak to a Deacon in our Deacon’s Aid office at 253.853.0224.