SCHEDULE FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES:
3 Sunday Worship Services
- 8:30 am Pacific (classic)
- 10:00 am Pacific (modern)
- 11:30 am Pacific (modern)
Services held in the church’s Sanctuary. Capacity limited for each in-person worship service.
Worship in-person or online (10:00 am service rebroadcast at 11:30 am) on our website and YouTube.
Plan your visit
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- To encourage mutual safety as well as individual responsibility, we want you to know that on August 18, 2021, Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department issued a mask directive for Pierce County stating everyone 5 years and older should wear a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status. In addition, the governor of the Washington State expanded the statewide mask mandate to include wearing a mask in public places indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you need a mask when you come to the building, they may be available (ask a greeter). When you wear a mask, please make sure you have your nose, mouth, and chin covered.
- Sanitize your hands before, during, and after your visit.
- If you have underlying health conditions that make you vulnerable to COVID-19, do not attend an in-person worship service; continue worshipping online. If you are 65 or older, carefully consider whether in-person worship is best for you.
- “Self-check” by taking your own family’s temperature in the morning before you come to church.
- If you think you might be experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms within 48 hours of the worship service, or if you discover you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms up to seven days prior to the worship service, do not attend in person.
- If you attend the 8:30 am worship service, please bring your kids to worship with you! Please have your kids wear masks.
- Worship for elementary-aged kids (entering kindergarten through 5th grade) takes place during the 10:00 and 11:30 am modern services. Check in 15 minutes prior to the start of the service (9:45 or 11:15 am). Kids birth—pre-K and K—5th grade check in at Door C. One parent or guardian accompanies them to their class to drop them off. Kids should be masked. After worship, parents or guardians enter at Door C again. One parent or guardian proceeds to their child’s room and presents the ticket(s) they received at check-in to pick them up.
- The Family Room adjacent to the Sanctuary is available but we are limiting occupancy; if you need to take your small child out of the worship service, you may also visit the lobby.
- Sunday School for babies through Pre-Kindergarten available during the 10:00 and 11:30 am modern services.
- Enter through Door C for touch-free check-in. Children under 5 do not need to be masked.
- For the health and safety of our kids, please consider wearing a mask in the kids and student ministries areas.
PARKING & ENTERING
- Park in the main parking lot and enter through the E doors (unless you are checking in your kids at Door C) . Door D will also be open for limited mobility. There are accessible parking spots available nearest the building.
- You may sit on the main level of the Sanctuary or in the balcony. Ushers will help you find a seat.
- This will be a touchless experience. We will open doors and refrain from handshakes and hugs.
IN THE SANCTUARY
- We are restricting foot traffic in and out of the Sanctuary.
- We will not hand out worship guides or put anything in the pews (pens, offering envelopes, etc.).
- Bookmark the weekly weekly guide to access all links and LifeGroup discussion questions for the service.
- No offering passed. You may give online, drop your offering in an offering box on the way out of the Sanctuary (please note we are not providing offering envelopes in the pews at this time), mail checks to 7700 Skansie Ave, Gig Harbor, WA 98335, or drop off your check at the secure, locked drop box at Door D.
- The Prayer Team is available to pray with you in person following the worship service.
- After the worship services, we invite anyone who is new at Chapel Hill to meet us at the wood wall in the lobby. We’ll welcome you and answer any questions you have about the church. At the same time, we will carefully practice physical distancing for mutual safety.
AT ANY TIME IN THE BUILDING
- The HeBrews coffee shop has reopened on Sunday mornings between 8:00-11:30 am. Complimentary coffee is also available in the Gathering Place following the 8:30 am service. (HeBrews is also open Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 8:30-10:30 am)
- Public restrooms will be available but please observe physical distancing.
- A reminder that we encourage you to please consider wearing a mask any time you are in the kids’ or student ministries areas.
Our priority is to ensure that you can worship safely and we are following health and safety guidelines that are currently in place. To mitigate the risk of transmitting and contracting COVID-19, we need your commitment and help. Please observe the in-person requirements outlined above, and please stay home if you feel ill or are not comfortable worshipping on campus.