Acceptance of Terms
Eligibility to Use the Websites
Maintaining Account Security
Only the registered User may access his or her account using the login credentials supplied by our websites. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and agree not to disclose your password to any other person. You agree to be fully responsible for any and all use of your account. You agree to notify Chapel Hill if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
No Duty to Regulate the Content of or Access to the Websites
Chapel Hill reserves the right to restrict access to its websites and remove content in its sole discretion, but has no duty to do so. The Church is not able to regularly monitor or police the content or the users of the websites. Therefore, the Church will not be responsible for content that is offensive, slanderous, that invades someone’s privacy, or is otherwise illegal or objectionable. Likewise, the Church does not endorse or give any assurances regarding other users of the websites. In a community this large, there are bound to be people who may have questionable motives in accessing the websites, and you should use common sense regarding revealing private information and interacting with others.
Improper User Conduct
The websites are designed to facilitate communication within the community of Chapel Hill, including information of a personal and sensitive nature. Therefore, the User agrees not to:
- Share prayer requests or similar sensitive information beyond the group within which it was originally disseminated without express consent of person who originally shared the information;
- Use the websites or the information they contain for commercial purposes or any other purpose beyond communication within the Chapel Hill community;
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users by electronic or other means;
- Use the websites in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the service or the websites;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that may be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Register for more than one account, register for an account on behalf of an individual or entity other than yourself, or register under anything other than your legal name;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail,” "spam,” "chain letters,” "pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the websites any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Intimidate or harass another;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Use or attempt to use another's account, or create a false identity on the websites;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Chapel Hill, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the websites, or which may expose the Church or other users to any harm or liability of any type.
Reporting Inappropriate Conduct
Any suspected violations of the user conduct rules should be reported to Chapel Hill Communications, after due consideration to the biblical provisions regarding dispute resolution contained in Matthew 18. Chapel Hill reserves the right, but shall not have the duty, to take such action as it deems appropriate regarding reports of unauthorized conduct.
Chapel Hill’s Spiritual Authority and Free Exercise of Religious Belief
Our websites are an extension of the physical body of believers at Chapel Hill. Although you do not have to be a member of Chapel Hill to use our websites, by participating in the Chapel Hill community you submit yourself to the spiritual authority of the Church. You agree that the Church, in addition to other rights, has the right, but not the duty, to communicate with other people within the body (whether members or non-members) regarding issues of common concern. Therefore, you agree that Chapel Hill, in its discretion and exercise of its spiritual authority, may take such action (including church discipline) regarding your participation in our websites and involvement in the Church as it deems necessary for the welfare of the Church, its members, and other participants in the Church’s community.
Limited License to User Content
When you post User Content to our websites, you authorize the Church to make such copies thereof as it deems necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the websites. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Church a worldwide, non-exclusive, and royalty-free license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content in connection with the websites or the operations of Chapel Hill Church. You may remove your User Content from the websites at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire as to the removed User Content, but will remain in effect perpetually for any derivative works created using the User Content. You acknowledge that the Church may retain archived copies of your User Content.
THE WEBSITES AND THEIR CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS” AND CHAPEL HILL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CHAPEL HILL DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE, CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Release of Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church
IN NO EVENT WILL CHAPEL HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, EVEN IF CHAPEL HILL CHURCH IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Indemnification of Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the websites provided by you to Chapel Hill Church are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of the Church and/or its licensors.