The most recent discussion questions based on the weekly scripture and sermon are posted here when they become available. Got questions? Connect with Pastor Rachel White.
Week of March 3, 2024
Read Luke 22:63 – 23:25
- List some varying perspectives on who Jesus is. What’s the most wacky thing you’ve ever heard?!
- To the Jewish leaders, Jesus was a spiritual threat. In front of Pilate, Jesus was portrayed as a political pawn. Herod wanted Jesus to be a religious performer, producing signs and wonders for entertainment. Where do you see each of these in the text?
- Which one of these traps do you fall into with how you treat Jesus? Do you struggle with habitual hypocrisy, idolatrous infatuation with political power, or a sense of entitlement, demanding Jesus do things your way?
- Jesus is the scapegoat for sinners. Remind yourself of your need for a savior by confessing your sin to him and to one another now in prayer.
- “Who do you say I am?” is a key question every human being has to answer. Who is one person that you can have a spiritual conversation this week? How are you supporting their journey of exploring their answer to this question?
Week of February 25, 2024
Read Luke 22: 31-34, 54-62
- What’s one of the strangest assumptions a person has made about you because you are a Christian?
- In what way is this moment in Peter’s life an example of a spiritual battle?
- Have you experienced incredible grace despite a massive failing on your part? What did it look like?
- When you think back over your lowest moments, how do you see the hand of God drawing you back to him? How did God use even your lowest moments for good in your life?
- What mercies can you give God praise for today, and how specifically can you ask Jesus to intercede on your behalf?