Chapel Hill is the venue for a variety of events. Weddings, memorials, receptions, and meetings of non-profit organizations are held here throughout the year. We have a fully-staffed kitchen that can prepare seated banquets for up to 300 people, with a broad selection of both buffet and plated menu items to choose from.
We offer a number of venues that can accommodate groups of varying sizes, from our Prayer Chapel, which comfortably seats about 50 people, the Memorial Chapel which seats 190 and our main Sanctuary, which will seat aproximately 1,200. We have a range of other spaces to meet needs between these extremes, as well as smaller classroom/meeting rooms that are suitable as breakout rooms for larger groups.
Please note that the church building is closed on most Fridays and events are generally not scheduled on Fridays. The Memorial Chapel is used Saturday afternoons and evenings for Worship services.
If you are interested in inquiring about facilities usage, please review the following requirements and then complete the Facilities Usage Inquiry form below. Once we receive your information, our Events Coordinator, Patti Edge, will contact you to discuss details.
- Unless an event is a Chapel Hill related function or a wedding, building users must be nonprofit, tax‑exempt organizations or faith-based organizations. Non-church organizations may be required to submit their tax‑exempt determination letter from the IRS.
- Churches making requests will be reviewed by a Chapel Hill pastor prior to approval.
- An organization requesting building usage must not be adverse to the mission and values of Chapel Hill. View our belief statements.
- Each organization will need to submit a current Certificate of Insurance.
- Organizations are not allowed to bring in food for their events (except wedding cakes). Catering is available through Chapel Hill’s Culinary Ministry.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted in the building or on the grounds of Chapel Hill.
- A deposit is required at the time of signing the Facilities Usage Agreement.
Facilities Usage Inquiry Form