Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-based 12-step recovery program; Celebrate Recovery Inside, a Christ-based 12-step recovery program for inmates at the Correctional Center for Women.
The Landing is a Christ-centered program for teens dealing with life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups.
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-based 12-step recovery program for adults. Participants meet at Chapel Hill in weekly study groups that lay the foundation for the twelve steps to a recovery process and enable people to discover "what's up" with them in a confidential, supportive setting. Participants come from diverse, yet amazingly similar, life experiences.
Meets every Wednesday night. We start at 5:45 pm with dinner followed by the program in the Memorial Chapel. (For easy access, use Rosedale driveway; enter through Door B)
6:30-7:30pm - Teaching/Testimony
7:30-8:30pm - Open-share Small Groups
8:30-9:00pm - Fellowship at Solid Rock Cafe
Men's Open Share Groups
- Compulsive Behaviors Group: Men dealing with any compulsive behavior (substance abuse, gambling, food, etc.).
- Every Man's Battle: Men recovering from sexual addiction or sexual integrity issues (may include lust, pornography and affairs).
- Life Wounds Group: Many of us have wounds from relationships - past or present - that create problems we deal with in life (codependency, lack of boundaries, compulsive behavior,and inability to succeed in relationships). This group helps restore what we missed out on.
- Freedom from Anger Group: If you struggle with expressing the emotions that God created you to feel, this group helps you learn healthy ways to communicate emotions rather that "stuffing" them, raging or using physical abuse against yourself or others.
Women's Open Share Groups
- Women Breaking Free: Women who want to learn to identify and work on compulsive behaviors - may include alcohol, drugs, gambling.
- Emotional/Physical/Sexual Abuse: Women who have experienced emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
- Women in the Battle: Women who are in a relationship with a man who has a sexual addiction (may include lust, pornography, affairs, etc.). This group provides a safe place to get support and to heal.
- Life Wounds Group: Many of us have wounds from relationships - past or present - that create problems we deal with in life (codependency, lack of boundaries, compulsive behavior, and inability to succeed in relationships). This group helps restore what we missed out on.
Do I have to be a Christian to attend?
No. Many of us on this journey into recovery may not know God or may be very angry at Him. We are not here to judge; we are all on the healing path of discovery. If you are not a Christian, we only ask that you have an open mind to the possibility.
Do I have to belong to Chapel Hill?
No. The entire community is welcome to join us. Our Celebrate Recovery program has many leaders from the community who are not members at Chapel Hill. We are committed to present Jesus Christ, who is the compassionate and powerful solution to our powerlessness over sin, over self, over all addictions and compulsions.
Is there a charge for the program?
No. There is no charge for any of Celebrate Recovery's programs. We make our study guides and related materials available at our cost. We take a weekly offering for those who can afford to give.
For further resources, check out the Celebrate Recovery website.
To reserve childcare (for children up to age 11), call Kim at 253.853.0219. For more information about CR, the Coordinator of Celebrate Recovery.
Celebration Place (Children)
Celebration Place is a children’s curriculum that coincides with the weekly teachings of Celebrate Recovery. Celebration Place helps kids embrace God’s amazing love and grace in a real and life-changing way. Available for K-5th grade. Meets Thursdays from 6:30-8:30 in Room 230. No pre-registration is required, but parent/guardian must be involved in a ministry or program on site at that time.
the landing (teens)
A Christ-centered program for teens dealing with life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups.
The Landing is a unique experience. It’s based on the beatitudes where Jesus laid out principles for happiness in the sermon on the mount—for teenagers who are struggling to live their lives in a healthy, God-honoring way.
Maybe they come from a dysfunctional home or have faced crises in their life. Maybe they simply need help developing patterns of wise choices, or they wrestle with an addiction of some kind. The Landing is a safe, healing place where teenagers can live a freer, healthier, and more God-centered life.
The Landing takes place every Wednesday from 6:00-8:30 pm. Meet in the Fellowship Hall outside the Memorial Chapel for dinner with the Celebrate Recovery crowd, then we break off into our own group.
Email Jenna Arnold or call 253.853.0276.
Celebrate Recovery Inside
Celebrate Recovery Inside is a Christ-centered 12-step recovery program. The inmates who attend CR Inside spend time together worshiping, healing, and learning about God's plan for their lives. They learn how to apply the 12 steps in all areas of life, not only drug and alcohol addictions. Once they finish the steps in prison they can learn valuable leadership skills. They can share their testimony and help facilitate groups. When they are released into society they can continue their recovery journey by attending Celebrate Recovery in their local area, which helps them stay connected with their recovery and helps reduce recidivism.
CR Inside meets every Monday afternoon (1-3pm) in the Prison Chapel. They also meet the first Wednesday evening of the month in the Visiting Room. With hope to expand this to a weekly schedule, there is a need for volunteers to help lead worship, share their testimonies and facilitate groups. A group of volunteers has been taking Celebrate Recovery Inside to Purdy Prison since February 2007.