Resuming live, in-person worship services
We are so glad to be able to worship with you in person again!
Sunday service times
9:00 am (classic)
11:00 am (modern)
Services will be held in the Sanctuary (every other row, other safety guidelines will be in place).
Changes from June 28: two services, no RSVP
Based on the recent congregational survey and attendance June 28, we believe we can safely and comfortably accommodate everyone who wishes to worship in person with the two morning worship services (9:00 classic and 11:00 am modern).
Also, we no longer feel we need to ask you to RSVP in order to stay within the attendance cap of 200 per service. Just show up on Sunday morning and join us for worship!
Plan your visit
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please wear a face covering; they are required for everyone on the church campus—before, during, and after the worship service. If you forgot yours or do not have one, extras may be available at the door, or just ask an usher or host.
- Please sanitize your hands before, during, and after your visit.
- If you are vulnerable to COVID-19 (over the age of 65 or compromised immune system), we strongly encourage you to participate in our online worship services (including volunteers).
- We will NOT take temperatures, do contact tracing, or require you to sign anything when you enter the building.
- Please “self-check” by taking your own family’s temperature in the morning before you come to church.
- Important: if you think you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms within 48 hours of the worship service, or if you discover you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms up to seven days prior to the worship service, please do not attend.
- No childcare or children’s programming at this time; your children will remain with you throughout the worship service. We are planning to resume children's programming and we expect to announce details very soon.
- The Family Room adjacent to the Sanctuary will be closed to meet physical distancing requirements; if you need to take your small child out of the worship service, feel free to visit the Prayer Chapel, which has been converted to be a private, enclosed space for nursing mothers and fussy babies. (We are working on sending an audio feed to the Prayer Chapel.)
- Children’s Ministries will continue to have lessons available here.
PARKING & ENTERING
- Park in the main parking lot and enter through the E doors. Door D will also be open for limited mobility. These are the only doors that will be open (there are accessible parking spots available nearest the building).
- This will be a touchless experience for you.
- Whenever possible, we will open doors for you when you arrive and leave.
- We will refrain from handshakes and hugs. Instead, we encourage air hugs, air-high-fives, and smiles.
IN THE SANCTUARY
- We will have restrictions on foot traffic in and out of the Sanctuary to maintain physical distancing.
- An usher will seat you. Seating will be every other row. We also ask that you maintain six feet of distance between you and someone else in the same row unless they are in your immediate household. Ushers will also dismiss by rows.
- We will not hand out worship guides or put anything in the pews (pens, offering envelopes, etc.).
- The Weekly Check-in form will be accessible on the church app. Download the app here or bookmark this link.
- You can also access the equivalent of the description we share for our online worship services here.
- No offering passed. You can give online, text the word ChapelHill to 77977, drop your offering in an offering box on the way out of the Sanctuary (please note we are not providing offering envelopes in the pews at this time), mail checks to 7700 Skansie Ave, Gig Harbor, WA 98335, or drop off your check at the secure, locked drop box at Door D.
- Prayer Team will not be available to pray with you in person during or following the worship service. However, they can pray for you when you fill out the Weekly Check-in form.
IN THE BUILDING
- Observe physical distancing; stay six feet apart from anyone other than members of your household, particularly in the lobby.
- No coffee, water, or food will be available, but you may bring your own (He Brews will be closed until further notice).
- Bathrooms will be available but only two at a time unless you are from the same household.
We understand these changes are very different. Our priority is to ensure that you can worship safely and we need your commitment and help. We ask you to maintain physical distancing, wear face coverings, wash your hands, observe the other in-person requirements outlined above, and please stay home if you feel ill or are not comfortable worshipping on campus.