Resuming live, in-person worship services
revised schedule for in-person worship services FROM Oct. 18:
3 Sunday Worship Services
- 8:30 am Pacific (classic)
- 10:00 am Pacific (modern)
- 11:30 am Pacific (modern)
Services are held in the Sanctuary (every other row; other safety guidelines will be in place). We are limited to 200 people per in-person worship service.
Plan your visit
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please wear a face covering any time you are on the church campus...before, during, and after the worship service. If you forgot yours or do not have one, extras may be available at the door, or ask an usher or host. When you wear your face covering, please make sure you have your nose, mouth, and chin covered.
- Please sanitize your hands before, during, and after your visit.
- If you have underlying health conditions that make you vulnerable to COVID-19, please do not attend an in-person worship service. Continue worshipping online. If you are 65 or older, we ask you to carefully consider whether in-person worship is best for you.
- Please “self-check” by taking your own family’s temperature in the morning before you come to church.
- If you think you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms within 48 hours of the worship service, or if you discover you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms up to seven days prior to the worship service, please do not attend in person.
- Worship for elementary-aged kids (entering kindergarten through 5th grade) takes place during the 10:00 and 11:30 am modern services, but not during the 8:30 am classic service. We recommend that you check in 15 minutes prior to the start of the service you wish to attend (9:45 or 11:15 am). Enter and register at Door B. Everyone must wear face coverings and practice physical distancing.
- The Family Room adjacent to the Sanctuary is available but we must limit occupancy to maintain physical distancing; if you need to take your small child out of the worship service, you may also visit the lobby.
- Children’s Ministries continues to have online lessons available here.
- Sunday School for babies through Pre-Kindergarten is available during the 10:00 and 11:30 am modern services. Nursery only (3 months-2 years) is available during the 8:30 am classic service.
- Enter through Door C for touch-free check-in. Parents, please wear face coverings at all times and practice physical distancing. Health department guidelines do not require face coverings for children under 5 years old.
PARKING & ENTERING
- Park in the main parking lot and enter through the E doors (unless you are checking in your elementary children at Door B or babies-Pre-K at Door C) . Door D will also be open for limited mobility. There are accessible parking spots available nearest the building.
- You may sit on the main level of the Sanctuary or in the balcony. Ushers are happy to assist you in finding a seat.
- This will be a touchless experience for you. Whenever possible, we will open doors for you when you arrive and leave.
- We will refrain from handshakes and hugs. Instead, we encourage air hugs, air-high-fives, and smiles.
IN THE SANCTUARY
- We will have restrictions on foot traffic in and out of the Sanctuary to maintain physical distancing.
- Seating is every other row. We also ask that you maintain six feet of distance between you and someone else in the same row unless they are in your immediate household. When you exit the Sanctuary, please continue to practice physical distancing.
- We ask that you continue to wear a face covering throughout the worship service, especially when you sing. Of course, you may remove your face covering when you take the elements during our celebration of the Lord’s Supper, but please put your face covering back on as soon as you have partaken.
- We will not hand out worship guides or put anything in the pews (pens, offering envelopes, etc.) to limit the possibility of anyone picking something up and putting it back down for someone else to touch.
- The Weekly Check-in form will be accessible on the church app. Download the app here or bookmark this link.
- You can also access the equivalent of the description we share for our online worship services here.
- No offering passed. You can give online, text the word ChapelHill to 77977, drop your offering in an offering box on the way out of the Sanctuary (please note we are not providing offering envelopes in the pews at this time), mail checks to 7700 Skansie Ave, Gig Harbor, WA 98335, or drop off your check at the secure, locked drop box at Door D.
- The Prayer Team is available to pray with you in person following the worship service. You may also ask for prayer when you fill out the Weekly Check-in form.
AT ANY TIME IN THE BUILDING
- Observe physical distancing; stay six feet apart from anyone other than members of your household, particularly in the lobby.
- No coffee, water, or food will be available, but you may bring your own (He Brews will be closed until further notice).
- Bathrooms will be available but only two at a time unless you are from the same household.
We understand these changes are very different. Our priority is to ensure that you can worship safely and we are following health and safety guidelines that are currently in place. To mitigate the risk of transmitting and contracting COVID-19, we need your commitment and help. We ask you to maintain physical distancing, wear face coverings, wash your hands, observe the other in-person requirements outlined above, and please stay home if you feel ill or are not comfortable worshipping on campus.
See our complete indoor COVID-19 safety plan here.